Linktresting: Content worth Your Time
Another week; another bunch of seemingly random links:
- Jack Conte, Pomplamoose/Patreon – I’m a big fan of Pomplamoose and Jack’s video creations (Bay-love). Here’s Jack’s presentation at the XOXO Festival talking about being a creative, staying inspired, productive and making a living at it.
- 5 Editing Tips for Music Videos – aimed at those making music videos but a lot of good tips you can apply to just about any video production work.
- 22 Ways to Get You Out of Your Funk – if you’re a creative and you haven’t been in a funk, then I envy you.
- Lightroom for the iPad – I love LR for my still work and can’t wait to take this new, mobile option out for a spin.
- Making a Storm – making weather on set can get pretty expensive. Here’s an article on making it rain that’s more in line with a guerrilla filmmaker’s budget.
- Crazy camera trick takes the Hitchcock zoom to a whole new LSD level – crazy effect if you happen to have a slit camera in your arsenal. Worth seeing just for the eye candy if you don’t.
- DIY Camera Cart – worthwhile project if you’re going to be somewhere on set for a while.
- Ode to (21st Century) Cinematographers – more eye candy.
- Premiere Pro Techniques (CS6 & above) – I just stumbled on these great tutorials from Andrew Devis. Well worth your time if you’re in need of a little schooling.
- The Art of Color-Correction – good presentation to have bookmarked so you can send to lay-people who ask too many questions.
- Finally a video from Film Riot and Adobe showing that Adobe gets how to use a popular webshow to promote their brand without braking the show in the process (BTS):